When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another ceiling fan in the house

Well, I initially wanted this light here for the family room. Given it a lot of thought and after 1 year, I am still too cheap to fork out that amount of money for this lamp. I bet you it would have looked super awesome in our family room.

image

Since I am too cheap to get one of this baby's home, yet again, we went to the ceiling fan route. When all was said and done, the ceiling fan cost us about $200. BUT, no regrets. Love the ceiling fan in the family room. It circulates the air in the room and cools the house down especially during this hot summer.

IMG_0012 (2)IMG_0013 (2)

Baby watches as John was hard at work. He woke up from his nap when John was installing the fan. He was a little cranky but managed to flash me a smile when I made funny voices.

IMG_0001 (3)IMG_0007 (2)IMG_0008IMG_0009

John had to add another light switch to the existing 3 light switch since the electrical for the fan wasn’t there before. So he had to add the wiring to the switch box. We couldn’t find anywhere that sells the double 3-way switch. Finally, we bought it online and just today, it arrived. I should have taken the before picture so you can see what I am talking about. He had already gotten it done when I realized I need to take a picture. So anyway, here’s the “after” picture. The wiring was pretty messy before it was done. So glad this ceiling fan/ wiring project is done after 4-5 long weeks of looking and waiting for the double 3-way switch. We had been living with the wires hanging out for weeks before this project was complete.

IMG_0587IMG_0588IMG_0589IMG_0590

Okay, so now, off to finishing up another project that has been sitting for weeks now due to some complications. Who me?

No comments: