When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Macarons

Ooh…. I love them so much!!! We went to Paulette at Beverly Hills to try some macarons. I’ve never had these before… I know what you’re thinking, I am late to the game! I read about it a lot on the internet but never actually thought about trying it. After hearing everybody raving about it, I knew I had to try. So I dragged the Husband to take me there last Monday (we were both off work this week). We bought a few different flavors to try… John agreed, they were YUMMY!

So I heard it is very hard to get the perfect macarons. I guess that’s why they are so pricey. It has to be the perfect temperature, the right cookie sheets, the perfect aged egg whites, oven, the amount of strokes when mixing the batter… and etc. However, they are not impossible to make. I’ve seen recipes everywhere on the internet, but I am definitely not going to even think about attempting to make my own. I am pretty sure I will be wasting my time and effort to attempt to make them. I cannot even make the perfect cheesecake (sometimes, depending on luck Smile with tongue out) let alone macarons! If you decide to make some, don’t forget to send some my way.

I am sure they will be very big and popular just like the Pinkberry was once before. Pretty soon, there will be more stores popping up and we don’t have to drive to LA to get ‘em. Come on… come on… come to Santa Clarita!

IMG00002-20101227-1437IMG00005-20101227-1442IMG00003-20101227-1437IMG00004-20101227-1438

No comments: