When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

35 weeks update

I forgot to take a picture of my belly at week 34. Then it has been raining like crazy at Southern California, so I had to take a picture indoor this time. My belly has grown super large. I know I’ve been saying this on every update, but I am still very amazed at how my belly is capable of growing this big. I am swollen like a pig, on my face, fingers, legs and everywhere.

According to thebump.com this week:

Your Pregnancy: Week 35

With baby's head pressing squarely on your bladder, you're probably clocking some quality time in the bathroom. On a similar note, if you're finding it tough to poop, load up on the fiber. Whole grains, veggies, and dried fruits (but not all at once!) should loosen things up.

image

Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.

********

Symptoms: I think I am suffering carpal tunnel syndrome. I wear a wrist brace every night when I sleep to prevent my hands from getting numb and tingling. It helps a little but I still feel numb and tingling on my hands throughout the day on certain tasks that I do. I feel pain when I bend my fingers or move my arms around. Hard to explain… it’s weird. I hope it will go away after baby is born.

IMG_5005

John and I have been reading baby books every night on how and what to do during the first few weeks of baby’s life. It suddenly dawned on us that there is A LOT to do and it is not easy. We will not be able to sleep thru the night like we are used to now. There will be a lot of crying, throwing up, feeding, cleaning, washing, sleepless nights… etc. I mean we knew about all these but as the day comes closer, we are not sure if we are prepared for these. Is it normal to feel this way? I know... it’s not like I can return him or anything but suddenly I just feel like maybe the pregnancy part is not as bad as when after the baby is born? Regardless, we are very excited to meet our little bundle of joy. As scary as it may seem, we are sure we can get through it especially when he hit each milestones of his life. It will be all worth it… correct? Open-mouthed smile

No comments: