When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Glucose Screening Test & Citizenship Interview

I did my glucose screening test last week. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The drink I mean. Everywhere I read said that the glucose water taste nasty. It didn’t taste that bad for me. I fasted since 12 am and went for this drink at around 8:30am. Waited an hour, then they drew my blood. The purpose of the test is to check for gestational diabetes, a high blood sugar condition, which women are prone to get during pregnancy. They said if they find something is wrong they will contact me immediately. I haven’t got a call from them, which I take it as a sign that I am safe. :)

glucose

After a quick breakfast, we drove down to downtown LA for my citizenship interview appt at 12pm. Waited for almost 2 hours before they called me in. The interviewer asked me 6 questions in regards to American history and I got them all right! After some general questioning and making sure that John and I are still legally married, he congratulated me for becoming a US citizen! Woo hoo….! Finally! After years of visa applications and money invested, I am now officially a US citizen! No more worrying about expiring visas and no more money needed for visa applications! What a relief! I told John his job is done and he is now free to go. :-D

1 comment:

Tammy said...

haha...poor John. and congrats! my cousin is also applying for her US citizenship.