When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Cranberry Pound Cake

We made cranberry pound cake last night from the recipe here. As you can see, our cake doesn’t look anything close to the cake in the picture. Nonetheless, it still tasted good. I am not a big fan of cranberries so this is not my favorite kind of cake. I was reading the O magazine and found the recipe pretty simple to make and it looks so delicious in the picture. So I decided to give it a try and if I like it, I may make this for our Thanksgiving family dinner. It seems like the perfect holiday dessert for Thanksgiving. Looks like I will have to find something else to make that doesn’t involve cranberries. ;)

IMG_4635I was in the mood of baking last night because I couldn’t wait to whip out my brand spanking new kitchenaid stand mixer that I snatched up from TJ Maxx at an awesome deal! $149 to be exact. I have always wanted to own one of this kitchenaid stand mixers, but wasn’t really willing to spend the money. I bought one from costco a year ago and returned it a week later because I felt so guilty spending $250 on a cake mixer. I was only going to get the 5 quart version. So I’ve always been using the handheld mixer when comes to baking. When I saw this at TJ Maxx, I knew I had to get it instantly. There is no way I am passing up a bargain like that. This baby cost about $336 at amazon.com. Yes, this is even better that the one I initially wanted!

kitchenaid mixer

After 2 years of admiring this baby, I finally was able to own one!

No comments: