When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A frog makeover

I bought a frog from Lowes awhile ago at clearance for around $4. It’s a water spitter frog for pond water fountain garden decor. I don’t have a water fountain but I thought he would look good at my front porch.

Every morning as I drive to work, I can’t help but notice that he looks pretty mean and serious. Kind of scary. Not a happy cute frog at all. So we gave him a make over. We bought a white gloss spray paint and started spraying him all over. After 2 coats, he turned into this:

IMG_4545 IMG_4542

IMG_4613IMG_4612

Not sure if it makes him look kinder. He just went from a dark green color to super white. He still has the mean nature in him. I think I can’t change that, it probably has something to do with his bulging eyes. I forgot to take a picture of him before he got sprayed but here’s a picture I googled to give you an idea of how he looked before.

BER0546-frog-pond-spitter

picture source here.

Oh well, maybe he can help me chase away evil spirits. :P

IMG_4616[1] IMG_4615[1]

No comments: