When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 weeks update

I decided to update my pregnancy bump a little more frequent now that I am a little closer to my due date. Instead of every 4 weeks, I will try updating every 2 weeks.

So, I am officially in my third trimester now at 30 weeks pregnant. Now I totally feel pregnant. I mean, I was pregnant before, but once I hit week 30, all of a sudden I feel SO PREGNANT. My belly feels like it grows overnight. I feel huge! And very uncomfortable. It is harder for me to get up from bed, couch, chairs.. etc. I need support pulling myself up. And I can no longer plop myself down on a chair.. I have to go slllloooow. I have also become very clumsy. I constantly drop stuff, break things and sometimes feel like tipping over when I bend over. I bump my belly over things ALOT. Like I forgot I have a big ol' belly in my way. At times, I feel like this:

elephantGrumpy, annoyed and BIG! 

I got especially depressed when I went through my old pictures and know that I will never be able to go back to my pre pregnancy size.IMG_4873Here’s an old picture I found when we were in Hawaii…. it’s hard to believe that this picture was just taken June of last year. I really miss my belly button.  :`(

Anyway, so here I am, at week 30. You can see, my maternity shirt is stretching almost to its max now.

John and I have been attending a 7 week childbirth class offered by our local hospital here. I had been contemplating whether to join the childbirth class because it cost $225 for the whole course. I am so not willing to depart with my hard earned money!!! After talking to some friends, I finally caved in and signed up for the course. I know that I can probably learn the same thing by reading pregnancy books and I know that there are plenty of sources available on the internet. The most important reason that I signed up is to calm my “nervousness” down a little. You see, this whole pregnancy thing came a little too fast for me. I am scared to death of the pain and agony of labor. I am hoping by meeting with some new moms and talking to some “real” people will help me go through the pregnancy a little easier. At week 6, we will learn about Infant/ Child Safety and CPR, which can be very helpful. We are 3 weeks into it now, and are really enjoying it.

At week 30, according to thebump.com, the baby is a size of a squash!

wk 30

Amazing…! Now I can’t wait to feel the love like most mothers will feel when they first lay eyes on their babies. All mothers claim it’s the most wonderful thing in the world! I guess I should just sit back and enjoy this amazing journey of pregnancy while I can! Baby M will be here before I know it!

4 comments:

Denise said...

marcus? matthew?

Adeline said...

No... :>
Baby M= Baby Mallard

Denise said...

Ahh, i was thinking Money is also a good name...."Money, come!.." LOL

Adeline said...

hahaha... I actually know someone with that name back in college. She's from Malaysia, I think.
I think I prefer the name "Cash" if I have to choose between Money & Cash. lol! Cash actually sounds pretty cool....