When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

John Williams + Hollywood Bowl= Awesome- ness

Last night, we went to Hollywood Bowl to see John Williams, the Music of the Movies by the Los Angeles Philharmonic and John Williams as the conductor of course!

I love the Hollywood Bowl. I blogged about how much I love this outdoor concert hall before here. This is my 3rd time there and not as fortunate as last time, we had to purchased our own tickets. :D Well, at least we bought tickets to a performance that we would really enjoy watching.

IMG_4292 IMG_4290

IMG_4282 IMG_4281

Bad attempt picture of us. Let’s try again. Remember honey, I am way shorter than you are.

IMG_4280 IMG_4283

Okay, that’s a better attempt. Pretty obvious that I tried to tilt my head higher so he get a picture of my full face! :( I hate my hair now. I wish it would grow faster.

We got there pretty early, thanks to John! (a note of sarcasm) who kept pushing to leave the house early in fear of traffic. Before we hit the road, we stopped by Subway to get ourselves 6 inch sub for dinner. We chose to park at the Hollywood Bowl itself this time, parking fee was a whopping $16 bucks! And oh, we also rented cushions to sit on so we don’t have to sit on the hard wooden bench for 3 hours!

Enjoying our sandwiches before the show stars.

IMG_4285 IMG_4286

IMG_4307 IMG_4303

IMG_4309 IMG_4306

IMG_4301 IMG_4296

As expected, they put up a great performance. Most pieces were played accompanied by film projected on each side of the stage. I love the opening, Hooray for Hollywood. Classic! I also enjoyed 2 of the pieces they played from Jaws. Sure brings back memories watching the short clip of film. They then closed the performance with the most anticipation by everyone, 3 pieces from Star Wars. Like everyone else in the audience, this was probably the main reason that got us out here to watch. As soon as they started playing the pieces from Star Wars, many kids whipped their lightsaber out.IMG_4312 IMG_4311

After 3 pieces from Star Wars, he played 3 more songs for an encore. One of them being the Imperial  March! I was floored by the performance. I was thinking of my nephews the whole time, Ethan & Ewan who are hardcore Star Wars fan! What a way to end the performance! Now I am afraid I am addicted to the tune myself! My baby was kicking away like crazy in my belly. Probably doing the march himself in there! :)

Imperial March

As if it’s not an awesome day enough, while we were waiting to get out of the parking lot, John felt our baby kicking away for the first time! Baby, you did good. You are probably thanking your daddy for taking us out for an awesome performance by John Williams and Los Angeles Philharmonic. You know how much your daddy wanted to feel you as well and after several failed attempts few days ago, you finally kicked hard for your daddy last night. I am proud of you, baby. =)

I was  hungry again when I got home, so I made myself a bowl of curry maggi mee soup. Yes, I know, it’s not exactly the healthiest food for the baby but once in a while ,shouldn’t be that bad right? I had 1/2 an apple after to made up for it. ;)

IMG_4326

No comments: