When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My gorgeous chandelier

I saw on the internet a capiz chandelier and fell in love with it. I got all excited when I was able to get it from World Market (I got the white pearl color instead of coffee.) I wasted no time and got it instantly although John was still working on painting the trim.

I couldn’t decide where to hang it, either the family room or above the dining table. Finally, John made the decision for me, above the dining table it is! We bought a recessed light conversion kit from Lowes for about $20. The chandelier project cost about $100 when we add all the tax and parts needed to hang it. A little more than what I wanted to spend, but oh well… I love the end result of it.

IMG_4136  IMG_4113 

IMG_4117IMG_4118 

IMG_4120 IMG_4121

IMG_4122 IMG_4119

It gives a luminous warm light above the dining table. Also, a focal point of the room!

(if you are wondering why our family room is empty, we are still waiting for our sectional to arrive- which should be here in a couple weeks)

1 comment:

Denise said...

very nice! and john is superman.