When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sushi please.

I was dying for sushi for the past few weeks. Last night I finally braved the challenge and visited Akasaka Sushi which is literally 2 min away from our house. I had my very first sushi since I become preggo. Don’t worry, I ordered crunch roll which has all the cooked stuff in it. The reason I said I braved the challenge was because I’ve been avoiding sushi restaurants so I don’t feel tempted to have sushi that I can’t eat. I must say, it stings. I looked at the albacore roll and was only able to admire the beauty of it from the picture of the menu. And then I looked at the server who diligently serves the sushi to the tables around us and admired the beauty of raw fishes from afar. How sad. My trooper husband ordered tonkatsu rice (deep fried pork cutlets) to show some sort of support to my going turkey on sushi. He must be afraid that I’ll be crying like a baby when I have to see him shove the fresh albacore in his mouth. Now, if only I can get him give up his alcohol as a sign of support. Hmmm… ;)

Each time I visited my OB, I asked her the same question if I can consume a little bit of raw fish but got a firm no from her each time I popped the question. I am sure she is annoyed by the same question over and over again. I am thinking of firing her. She doesn’t seem friendly.

I know this is only a small fraction of what I have to give up for the sake of the baby. I know there will be much more when the baby comes but I am sure it is all worth it. All the mothers out there can probably relate to this. I keep telling myself to hang in there and wait till I see this little bundle of joy .. and then I will know what “love” really means! And oh, by the way, we are having another ultrasound next Wednesday and should be able to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! What do you vote for? Boy or girl?? ;) Almost everyone at work said I am having a girl!

shrek_cat

   Can I have some sushi please????

No comments: