When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My 30th Birthday

My 30th Birthday was decidedly low key. There wasn’t a celebration anyway. My plan of having a fun and relaxing day at the Glenn Ivy Day Spa has to be cancelled since I won’t be able to enjoy most of the amenities due to being pregnant. Oh well…!

On Friday, John surprised me by having Edible Arrangements delivered to my work. =) I of course, shared them with my co-workers. Since it was a pretty big basket, I had lots of leftover to bring home to enjoy it with John that night.

IMG_4159 IMG_4153

IMG_4160 IMG_4158

On Saturday, after John got off school, we hit the lake with some friends. After some swimming and boating activities, we went back to our house for dinner. I had made Bak Kut Teh and bbq some ribs. Janet made some chow mai fun.

IMG_4173 IMG_4172

IMG_4171 IMG_4170

It wasn’t even supposed to be celebrating my birthday. It was just a day that we got together and enjoy a day at the lake. And yet, my husband was able to surprise me again with an ice cream cake after our delicious meal. Jocelyn gifted me a nice coach wristlet. =)

IMG_4174IMG_4176IMG_4180  IMG_4182

You may want to ask why I am wearing a hat in the house! I had my hat on at the lake. Later that night, I decided to leave it on because my hair was flat. We came straight home for dinner and none of us had a chance to take a shower to freshen up. So wearing a hat it is! =)

IMG_4183 IMG_4179IMG_4189 IMG_4188

After our delicious meal and cake, the guys proceed to playing wii- guitar hero. Jimmy had woken up at 4 am that day for a car event. So he passed out early that night! :o) If you notice, our new sectional finally arrived the day before, just in time for our guests to enjoy that night. Our friends left a little after mid night, making them the first few to wish me a Happy Birthday.

Sunday, my actual Birthday was quiet. It was a recuperating day for both John and myself. We slept in, and left to Cabazon outlet a little after noon. I was still tired from the night before, so decided to call the day early and was home by 6pm.

Monday, after work, we went to my parents in law house for another birthday celebration (sort of). They got me another ice cream cake and a $50 check. Yipee….! It’s always nice to receive cash! hehehe……The funny thing is, my mother in law forgot that she bought an ice cream and had left it in the refrigerator overnight instead of the freezer! So it was a “almost” melted ice cream cake when she pulled it out from the fridge. I had to hurry and blow my candle before it was all melted. Nonetheless, it was a delicious strawberry ice cream cake. :)

So there! My low-key 30th birthday celebration. It is definitely sad to finally hit the big 3-0 but I can only imagine many great years ahead of me especially with the little one joining us with the rest of our journey of life.

Wait… that’s not it yet! The following Friday, I was surprised again for another birthday dinner celebration by Janet. Janet with the help of John, surprised me with some Malaysian food from Yazmin! I was told we were going our for a pizza night but was surprised to see Janet and Jimmy showed up with some Malaysian food and my favorite fruit cake from the chinese store. Yummy!

  IMG_4202IMG_4203

I am so blessed to be surrounded by friends and family that love me so much! xoxo :)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

happy 30th birthday! hey, i'm proud to announce my age, you should too :) wisdom comes with age!

u have a nice home there. hope to visit you someday.

Adeline said...

Thanks! You should come visit!

Denise said...

is ur bump showing yet? u're behind the chair in all the pics. deliberate?

Adeline said...

My bump is showing! I can't fit any of my pants now! I didn't realize I was behind chairs in all the pics.. haha..