When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I heart Hollywood Bowl!

I know... i have been hiatus for a while but hey I am back! So what brought me back...? The Hollywood Bowl! I love that place. We just got back from a concert. The Diana Krall and the LA Philharmonic team. It was an awesome performance but it was the environment & the experience that makes it even better.

Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor concert place, which makes it a perfect venue for summer nights in LA. This was my 2nd time there in this month. Yes, the first time, the company had a ladies night where 8 of the fortunate ladies got to go. It was a coincidence that it was on my birthday eve. :)) So I had 7 other gorgeous ladies celebrating my early birthday with me. We saw Herbie Hancock and Lang Lang performance. The girls celebrated my 29th birthday with some birthday cupcakes, wine, cheese, chocolates... and champagne toasts. Yep... the most appealing reason of Hollywood Bowl is you are able to bring food & beverages into this outdoor concert. Including alcohol! Bring your picnic box with you and a bottle of wine. Enjoy the rest of the night gazing at the stars & listen to the amazingly talented performers.

So since I enjoyed it so much the 1st time, they offered me another 2 free tickets for me to bring John with me. It was supposed to be the Engineering Dept. event, but I guess many cannot make it and I lucked out ;) 2 free tickets with no plans on a friday night? Why not, right? I would be a fool if I passed that up. We drove to LA Zoo, and took the shuttle that will take us straight to Hollywood Bowl so we don;t have to deal with the hassle with parking there. They stack park there. That means, you would have to wait till the people who parked in front of you to get out before you. We decided to park at the LA Zoo since parking at the LA zoo is free and the round trip shuttle only cost $4 per person. It seems like the best option for us. Plus, the first time i was there with the girls, we did the shuttle and had no problem with it at all.

We had an enjoyable time with my co workers tonight. We brought a bottle of wine & cheese cake to share. Everyone brought something to share as well. Napkins, wine bottle opener, paper plates, plastic cups complete our night!

We went not so much for the performers, it's more because of the environment and the experience! And of course the performers didn't disappoint us at all! Icing on the cake...... ahhh....! Such a romantic night to spend with the mister.. :)

Since our camera broke and we haven't got a new camera yet, we have to settle with our little blackberry camera:

a picture the mister took of me
we had awesome seats!

No comments: