When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

shelly's farewell

The 1st Sat of October, Shelly invited us for a brunch at Marina Del Rey for her farewell and birthday celebration. She has decided to go back to China. She and her husband have been doing the long distance thing for over 2 years. Her husband travels back and forth between the US and China but most of the time he is in China. I am very impressed at how strong and patient they were. I always thought long distance is really hard to maintain, okay come on, we are talking about someone who screams and yells when her husband is away on business for 3 days. :) Anyway, I am happy for her. She can finally live a normal life with her husband in China, at least for 3 years. I found out her husband's contract is for 3 years. So, if time and fate permits, we will meet again. Or perhaps I can visit her in China. :) She had picked a fabulous restaurant called Cafe Del Rey. Food was absolutely fantastic. Here are some pictures from the Saturday morning brunch. we got there 15 min early and waited patiently at the lounge. everyone was so late.... 45 min later still nobody showed up. and i thought i went to the wrong restaurant. I made a few phone calls and found out, they were just plain late. Should have known... to go with the "cina" time. never on time! :-)
the decor of the restaurant is beautiful. I love it.
little centerpiece on each table... chic & elegant.
Finally everyone arrived about 45- 1 hour later... we got to eat! :P we were served with a variety of pastries before they served our brunch. i love love love their pastries. most places serve bread (not a big bread fan). these little pastries are cute and delicious. i had a chocolate croissant... mmm so good.
salad as an appetizer for john
crab cake for me.....
entree: pan roasted chicken leg
halibut for me....
steve's tomato soup looked so good that i had to take a picture of it
we have fruit sorbet for dessert
and then the ice cream birthday cake, yep, very heavy meal for a sat brunch :)
from left: steve, shelly & her husband
me standing so close to check out her little cake, a courtesy frm the manager
eng jo, shelly and steven... they are both steven sidekicks... it's true... they are known as his sidekicks.
the gals...
me giving john the "hey there" look ... :)
we both have short hair :-) except she got her hair cut in Hong Kong.
I love the little cafe. Will definitely go there again if I happen to be close by. :) never really hang out at marina del rey that much.

No comments: