When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Daylight Saving Time ends

So I got an email reminder yesterday from our HR about daylight Saving Time ending this Sunday and don't forget to adjust the clock back by an hour on sat night. It is strange that they would send out an email reminder like this to everyone at work. Maybe they are afraid that employees will show up an hour late on Monday and use the excuse against them :)
Anyway, I am glad they did what they did because I had forgotten that it is this Sunday. I am happy because we actually gain an extra hour. Well... no. It depends on how you look at it. I think we gain but some people said it's the same. On the other hand, I am also dreading those cold winter days where there will be no more sunlight after 5pm. It suddenly occured to me summer is over and winter is slowly creeping in. No more beach, no more sundress, no more camping. :) I guess I should be thankful that winter in LA is not as crazy as winter on the other side of the states where snowstorms are the constant headline on the news.
As much as I am dreading those cold winter days, it still didn't diminish my idea of moving to the east coast one day. Where winter will be a white winter, spring will be a colorful spring, summer will be an orange summer and fall will be a red fall. LoL I don't know if those descriptions exist but those are the colors it reminds me of. =) You get the idea. Maybe I forgot how crazy those days were (I was in MI and NY for awhile). Trying to drive in the snow, plowing the snow off your car in the morning, dress like a penguin each time you step outdoors and having to undress it all when you step indoors. It is a pain.
Well like an old saying, grass is always greener on the other side. Life is funny like that.
beautiful sunset at the newport beach by sir harrison

2 comments:

Denise said...

hey, do u know that whenever you publish a draft, you'd have to reset the publishing time, if you don then ur post even tho just published, lets say today, but u started work on it on 10/1, will be published according to tat date and thus... might not be read as it wil not show at the latest page. get me??

Adeline said...

lol.... got it. Thanks!! :)