When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

lonely meals....

John was gone to Ohio again. Left on Tues and came back Thursday night. Tues night, I had dinner with Janet at my house. My attempt to make porridge was, sad to say, unsuccessful. So on wed night, i made porridge again after learning what i did wrong. Here's a snapshot of my lonely meals for Wed & thurs night. Pardon the quality of the picture, from my camera phone.

i have plain porridge, fried eggs with onions (leftover frm mon night), small bok choy, pork (frm the can), fried anchovies ... and of course bovril (not in picture) to go with my plain porridge. comfort food that reminds me alot of home sweet home....

and for tonight, i have rice, pan fried catfish with thinly sliced ginger & small bok choy. also comfort food frm home sweet home. i had called and asked janet what i should do with my catfish filet and she gave me couple ideas of how to make them. i really like the idea of pan fried catfish just like how my mom used to make them, though she made them with "real" fish instead of fillets.
here's a close up of my fish.

I realized that i tend to crave for food my mom used to make when i was young when i am home alone.

6 comments:

Denise said...

hey, not bad, u actually made effort to cook for one. I usually just tapau ramly burger from downstairs.

Adeline said...

hey... yours sound so much more delicious! if i could get those here... i wouldn't have bother making dinner myself.

but believe it or not... i THINK... (keyword is think) i love to cook. :)))

Denise said...

then how come i've nvr tried ur cooking? hmm..when u coming back again, i'll stock my fridge up.

Adeline said...

u're crazy..... when i go back... i am going to go mamak every single night! and you r taking me! :))))))

man.... i miss nasi lemak so muccch!

Denise said...

urgh..lets do a role reversal, you mamak everynite for 2 weeks and i eat home cooked food for 2 weeks. Ok, to be fair, i take u eat mamak for dinners and u cook for me lunches. Deal?

Adeline said...

hahha,... i am not sure if i want to cook when i go back... there are plenty of food i want to eat.. gotta make full use of b/fast, lunch & dinner having real authentic malaysian food...

psst psst... by the way, my cooking... it's not that great... haha