When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tonight’s Dinner

We had spinach salad, salmon fillet, cauliflower and rice.

Over the dinner,

John: There’s bone in the salmon.

Me: No, there’s not.

John: Yes… see … see (pulling out the teeny tiny bone and waving it in front of my face)

Me:  (pretending I didn’t see it and continue eating)

10 min later, I was done with my dinner and I see John still picking at his salmon.

Me: What are you doing? There’s no bone in the salmon.

John: Yes, there is. See… see… (trying to show me the other tiny bone he found)

Me: Come on… just eat your dinner already (shaking my head).

All these thoughts were running through my head while he carefully picked at his fish |Clearly, at this moment, I realized that my husband is not capable of eating fish with bones. It was a fillet for god sake. With little teeny tiny bones here and there. He seem to have hard time eating his dinner. What is he going to do when he is served with a whole steamed fish like this??Whole-Steamed-Fish-770622

And then, I realized that I was trained since young to be able to put food in my mouth, chew, and pull bones out from my mouth. Ha ha (laughing in my head). I am darn proud of my talent. |

Then he said:

John: You know. You should have de boned it.

The nerve! >:|

 

 

 

 

steamed fish source: here

IMG_1203 IMG_1205

Cauliflower recipe here   Salmon recipe here

2 comments:

Denise said...

i dont think its an angmoh thing. Coz i have the same attitude towards eating fish, if its a fillet, the general expectation is that it's without bones. If i had wanted to munch on fish bones, i would've opted for the whole fish chinese style, head tail eyes, the whole works.

Adeline said...

John said he agrees with you.
I was going to say that he has trouble eating anything with bones but he said that statement is not true. So a chicken wing eating competitionis coming soon. lol...