When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snowboarding at Heavenly, Lake Tahoe

I attempted snowboarding last week at Lake Tahoe. I knew I wanted to snowboard rather than ski, because I've had bad experiences skiing. So with a private instructor, and gear in tow, I braved the challenges and pain of snowboarding. I took a snowboarding lesson about 2 years ago, but never really snowboarded on a "real" run before. In fact, I've never even been on a ski lift before. I was much more brave this time because I had John with me and I was pretty determined to learn snowboarding.

Although I was in so much pain from all the falling and picking myself up, I have to admit that I was enjoying myself out there. I still suck at it, and it was a pretty fun experience. I am a left foot forward person, they call it regular because most people are left foot forward. John is a left foot forward boarder too. I can't switch myself back and forth (heel and toe), therefore I got exhausted very quick since I am only relying on one leg. And it's funny because I only know how to turn right. I kept moving towards the right and John had to pull me back to the far left so I can start moving towards the far right. Each time I felt myself going too fast, I slowed myself down by making myself fall on my knees. By the end of the day, my knees were so sore and swollen from all the falling. I wish I brought knee pads with me. It would have been a great help! Hopefully my next snowboarding trip, I will be able to distribute the weight evenly between my left and right leg.
I was so done with snowboarding after lunch. My legs gave up on me and I called it a day.

As I braved the challenges and pain of snowboarding, John braved my yelling and frustration ;) I must say, he is a very brave guy. amazing viewour very very expensive lunch at the lodge view cafePosing for the cameraJohn taking a break by enjoying the pleasure of watching his wife fell helplessly on the snow... and then some.John managed to get a picture of me actually snowboarding for a split secondand then the moment was gone. It went from that to this from then on...Lake Tahoe 2009 626and then it was all this. tsk.... tsk....
My poor knees.... they were so red at the end of the day! I was starting to feel sore that night, and the next day, I could barely walk. I was not able to sit, get up, walk down hills, climb stairs, move my body.... etc. I was in so much pain. Every inch of my body, I mean EVERY inch, was in pain. That just shows how out of shape I am! :(


Till my next snowboarding trip....

No comments: