When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Love in Valencia

I am very very happy. Pho Love has been in Valencia for some years now and still going strong. I don't go there as often as I would love to, mainly because there are too many good restaurants out there and we don't eat out very often like we used to. We have been trying to minimize eating out for 2 main reasons! 1) Save $$ 2) Healthier? lol... funny that i said reason #2. i think mainly reason #1. :)

Anyway, it's nice to know there's a nice vietnamese restaurant within minutes away frm our house to satisfy my strange craving at odd times. Pho Love is tucked in the corner between a game store and a hair salon on Cinema dr. The plaza seems to have turned into an asian plaza, not sure when it turned that way. There are Indian Restaurants, a small korean market place, korean movie rental store and korean (i think) hair salon. Pho Love is small, like a cafe sorta feel. The restaurant is very bright for a change. :) Most restaurants are dark, or have some sort of a dimming yellow light that makes the ambiance warm and romantic. Maybe they just don't want you to be able to see the food you eat clearly. Ha! Don't think i've ever been to a restaurant this bright before. They use white fluorescent light throughout. I feel like anyone who stands or sits close to me can see through me. lol... Everytime the waitress came to us, I feel like she is counting the pores on my face! haha... hey, can't help it that i don't feel secure with my skin. I used to have very very bad acne. Although they are long gone now (thankgod!), I still feel very insecure when people stare at me when we talk especially in a bright room. I always wonder if there is something wrong on my face. Something stuck in between my teeth? Uncleaned eye crust? Booger in my nose? Big red zits on my face? My unplucked eyebrow? etc etc... lol. You get the idea. Yes, I am that insecure. ^.^

The restaurant doesn't have many menu selections, which is fine with me. I usually go there for their pho! My favorite is beef balls & rare steak pho (sorry, I don't know how to appreaciate the funky different body parts in a cow). I was first introduced to Pho when i was in NY. Wasn't that crazy about it then. It has slowly creeped up to the top of my favorite food list over the years.

the picture taken with my new blackberry curve 8900. i love my new phone! John ordered beef on rice instead on vermicelli. John has a funny way of pronouncing pho. He tried so hard to get the accent, and the slang of how it sounds. I give him an A for effort. lol. He said it a zillion times, and still doesn't get it right. When he finally gets it, and if he tries again hours later, it sound all different again. :P And the learning process continues until his tongue gets tired.

Their pho is very good if you don't compare with the one in San Gabriel, Golden Deli. That is by far the best I've had but it's too far frm where i live. I am happy with the quality and the service. Pricing is reasonable for a restaurant in Valencia but of course slightly higher than the ones in Monterey Park. Oh I forgot to mention, it is run by a Korean Family. Yes Korean!



1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short links with BCVC and make cash from every click on your short urls.