When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

lima de mayo

Our company had a cinco de mayo potluck last Tuesday, May 5th. The catch is, you need to make Mexican dish in honor of the regional holiday in Mexico. I was wrecking my brain trying to think what i should make. I have learned to make tacos and enchiladas cause i love them, but these are hard to prepare for a party. I am not sure how much is enough. So I finally decided on making salsa. I googled googled and googled and finally found the easiest recipe ever. It literally took me about 10-15 min to prepare it. Here's my fruit of labor... haha.

John's company had cinco de mayo potluck as well. So I split this salsa up so we can both bring it to work.

I took a couple pictures of all the food we had that day:
tamales...
so you see... most people cheated. The company catered food in! Thankfully I didn't go overboard with my potluck! :-) There are only a handful of people who actually took the effort to make something!

And here's the story. So far I have not had any luck with my potluck. Last years Christmas potluck, i brought pasta salad. When they were trying to pull all the food from the fridge, my salad dressing fell on the floor. This time, I made sure I arrived early enough to handle my food. I went to the fridge to grab my salsa.... but I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked and looked everywhere... it was nowhere to be found. Some people helped me look for it and still it didn't show up. The party must go on... everyone was getting their food. Disappointed and feeling really strange, I went ahead and had the lunch with everyone else. 15 min later, my co-worker showed up with my salsa. Warm salsa! Apparently, someone had mistakenly took my salsa and microwaved it thinking that was his food. Our containers looked similar. Well, at least it showed up! Such luck with my potluck! Wonder... what else could happen next?


No comments: