When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Friday, May 1, 2009

food i ate over the weekend

Last weekend I decided to give my kitchen a break. We had sushi, mexican & italian and they are all my favorite food! We went to Bucca Di Beppo for Italian, Wana Iguana for Mexican and Hibiki for Sushi.

Bucca Di Beppo- I didn't take any photos at Bucca. Probably the noise & the people distracted me. Do not go there if you are looking for a romantic restaurant to spend with your significant other. We (with Tim & Jen) were sandwiched between 2 big parties with kids. We could hardly hear and talk to each other. We were practically screaming at each other. However, the food was great. I always order the same thing from the menu, linguine frutti di mare. It is my all time favorite! Lotsa seafood with spicy red clam sauce! Their food is served in 2 sizes, bucca small and large. Bucca small feeds up to 4 people! Since John doesn't like clams, we ordered 2 separate dishes with plenty leftovers! John ordered pizza angelo, which was really good too. Tim & Jen shared their favorite salad. We didn't get their garlic bread this time cause we all wanted to save room for our entrees. Their garlic bread is the best! If you go to bucca, be sure to order their garlic bread!

Wana Iguana- We took a quick lunch there after the hike. We both were starving and taquitos sounded really good at that time. My company caters frm Wana Iguana all the time for any event they have. I love their food! It's funny how i used to hate mexican food before I met john. Both Janet and I thought that their food smells kinda weird, no offense. Now i am a die hard fan of mexican food. I constantly tried to learn how to make tacos, enchiladas. I got a recipe on how to make guacomole from my co-worker. His guacomole is the best i've had! Spicy! Heh... i love all things spicy. Probably one of the reasons i love mexican food... their food can be very spicy!


Hibiki- I had a 15% coupon lying around & I was craving sushi! They have $19.95 all you can eat sushi which is a pretty good deal. So we called up some friends to go with us so we can eat more! And by more, i mean varieties. We can share the rolls and sushi and appetizers... so we can try a variety of different rolls. They have very strict rules, if one person in the party order an all u can eat, everyone in the party has to order all you can eat to. No A la carte is allowed. Also, you need to finish all the food you ordered or you get a penalty for the leftovers. So the more people in your party, the better off you are. We invited Mike and his family, Tim & Jen and Janet & Jimmy. We had a good time. The food was great. Nothing to complain about... except for the service. The server was kinda rude. It was kinda nice to be able to catch up with our old friend, Mike. Mike's wife and daughter doesn't eat sushi. Thankfully they have many other non sushi stuff, like teriyaki, tempura, ... mm.. i guess that's it. So i guess it wasn't such a good deal for them since everyone in the party has to order all you can eat. We ordered a lot. Here are just some of the food we ate. lobster roll

pork belly for me and Janet!


2 comments:

-- said...

I'm thinking of going to Bucca too actually this weekend. Mind projection? Lol! That would be creepy.

Adeline said...

do u have the coupon? spend $30 get $10 off... pretty good deal! that's one of the reason we went... Lol...