When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

gardening now?

We've been talking about getting plants for our patio ever since we moved in. We went to the nursery and looked at plants but were reluctant to get anything especially since we are both very very new at this. We are both not patient and not very diligent about watering plants. That's why we are very hesitant to buy plants. Last weekend, as usual john went to work on Sat, i hung out with Janet in the morning. We went to the Farmer's Market by her house for some tamales. After some vegetable shopping, we headed on over to her house. I was oohing and aahing at her green lush garden. She cut me some cactus plant and told me that is the easiest plant to start with. Bought new pots & soil and I am ready to get my hands on it ! And of course with John's help with the dirty job. :p Since we do not have ANY gardening tools, he had to use his hands to scoop the soil! yuck! Well, one of us had to do it. heehee...

I am not sure why the pictures won't rotate for me. I am giving up... you know how it looks....
3 days now, the plants are dying. The color looks different. I am not sure what I did wrong but it really looks like they are dying on me....... :( Maybe gardening is really not my cup of tea and to think cactus is the easiest plant of all!!!


3 comments:

-- said...

youre gardening? before this youre baking? who the hell are you? wheres adeline?

btw, it doesnt like cactus. i tried to tilt my head and still doesnt look like cactus.

Simply June said...

u're killing a cactus... and i'm killing (if it's not already dead) my bamboo plant......no idea why it's turning yellow even though we have water!!....and probably killed it along with 2 other potted plants when i brought them out on the balcony for some sunlight...i think they got burnt! =p..thinking to get some new plants to work with.. maybe i should try cactus too!

Adeline said...

mkt: jade plant is in the cactus family... i was told. :P

june: haha, thankfully my bamboo is still alive after 2 yrs! that's like the easiest plant of all! i sometimes forgot to water it for wks, the bottom was all dried out, it is still alive! How did u kill it? :P I killed my 1st money plant when i brought them out for some sun. The leaves were burnt! I learned that it is an indoor plan, they don't need sunlight. haha...my second one is doing so far so good.