When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

my whale watching experience

turned into a disaster! Last Sunday we went on a boat to go whale watching with the Hallack family. I was so looking forward to it all week. I was advised by my coworker to take a seasickness pill before I go on the boat just in case. I was thinking about it but finally decided I may not need it. I was sea sick once about 5 years ago... other than that, I've not had any problems with the ocean. I should have listened. :( I was sick as a dog. I threw up like 4-5 times. :\ Each time when the boat stoped and started rocking on the ocean, I threw up. I felt so sick, my stomach was queasy... I didn't feel good at all. But hey, at least I saw some whales. We saw 7 humpbacks!!! .... i think... haha, although i was so sick, i managed to at least force myself to focus each time the whale surfaced on the water. Here's some info on the humpbacks if you are interested to read more and more here. I don't know much about them to explain much. +.+

We also saw many dolphins.... sea lions as well. Too bad we didn't get any good pictures... but we have some cool video. I am not sure how to upload a video to my blog yet... i'm not going to try. :P too lazy for that. our boat
my dapper-looking husband :P
before the crazy throw up... all excited, still looking very sleepy
jasmine was so happy and excited to see the whales & dolphins. She wouldn't stay inside. She stood by the rail almost the whole journey.
staying inside, eating my pretzels snacks....
dolpins... we snapped it too slow. they jumped out of the water in 2, very cute.

And then we saw some whales,
see the water coming out from their blowholes?
the birds fighting over the leftover food from the whales.... fish!

The experience was somewhat awesome aside frm the seasickness. The whales were huge.... they were as big as our boat. We saw the baby several times, whose mother stayed very close to keep an eye him/ her. It almost seemed like they were playing with us, teasing us, coming under our boat and re-surfacing once in a while to blow water our from their blowholes. We were told by the captain that the mother was watching out for the baby, making sure that we are harmless to them.

Next time I go on a boat in the ocean, I'll be sure to take some seasick pills. :D

No comments: