When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

look what he got me?

nasi lemak from Penang! I was surprised! John has been traveling to Fullerton a lot, at least 3 times a week. It is a horrible commute especially during rush hour.

One night, he didn't come home until 9 something and he brought me this! This is the best gift ever. Of course I am surprised because if you know John, he doesn't know how to give me surprises. And he doesn't usually do stuff like that. The traffic must be really bad. haha... that's why he stopped. To avoid driving during rush hour. I'm just kidding babe... :) That was really sweet.

Of course I already had my dinner that night. So i packed it in my little pyrex tupperware for lunch tomorrow! It lasted me 2 meals... I ate it for lunch & dinner! Delish! :-) Next time, I would rather have him come home earlier cause that little detour probably cost him an extra 45 min on the road.

4 comments:

Simply June said...

now i really want some nasi lemak.......................

Adeline said...

at least you know how to make 'em... !
i have to drive all the way to the chinese area to get 'em! i can never learn this dish... too complicated. :(

Simply June said...

maybe i'll post recipe on my blog next time?? haha.. I'll start with my version of sambal!

Adeline said...

yes... make it really spicy!!! :)))))