When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, April 20, 2009

i've been busy

Netflix has been keeping me really busy lately. With the unlimited plan (1 dvd at a time, unlimited), a chinese kiasu like me would of course try my best to make "FULL" use of my money already spent. Whenever I receive the dvd in the mail, I rush to finish it the same day and try to mail it back the next day. Actually receiving netflix dvd's in the mail kind of reminded me when I received mail from my pen pals when I was younger. Same kind of feeling... giddy & excited each time I open the mail box. Wondering what my next dvd would be.... yes, it's the littlest thing in the world that keeps your adrenaline rushing. :)

We have done pretty good so far. In average, we get 2 dvds a week. With $10.99 a month (extras for blu ray), I must say it's a pretty darn good deal, considering 1 dvd rental cost about $5. However, lately I am pretty bummed by netflix service. Changeling has been on the top of my queue for more than a month now, I am still patiently waiting for it. I am thinking about switching to blockbuster if I sill do not get it within the next 2 wks. The waiting time is pretty ridiculous. With the same plan at blockbuster which cost $1 more, I can exchange the dvd up to 2 times in a month in the store. This would make the dvd rental process a lot quicker. So it's pretty much a wash. I am giving netflix a couple more weeks before I call our relationship off.

So my time is mostly consumed by Dvds, tv shows, making dinner, hiking, gym... alternately throughout the week. John's work schedule is back to crazy hectic hours. He's back to working 6 days a week, usually 12 hours a day. :~( So we only have 1 full day in a week that we can really get to do something different together. Oh well, somebody's gotta bring the bacon home... ;P Plus, with our hawaii trip coming up in June, we need the extra cash as much as we could! Yep, some sacrifices need to be made.... John's hard labor. :D

On a side note, I've been working out more often than I usually have. Whenever John is available, we would hit the gym. If he's not, I'll go hiking with my co-workers. With the amount of time I spent working out, you would think that I would lose some weight. Heck no! I've gained slight weight, which is sick! I am hoping it's the muscle weight that I gained, but somehow my gut feeling is telling me, I am no longer able to eat whatever, whenever I want. That would be my last resolution... Please please please... I just need to work on maintaining the weight. Hopefully I don't have to give up food. It's a torture for someone who loves to eat like me. I've been dying to get my arms toned like Samantha Harris (DWTS host). So each time I go the the gym, i work on arm exercise machines. Somehow, it doesn't work on me. It's either I didn't work hard enough (which is most probably the reason) or I didn't work hard enough. My arms still flap like jello each time I move my arm. Darn it! I blame it on the gene! *.*
Samantha Harris has amazing toned body. She had a baby and was back in shape in no time! The pictures doesn't do justice people! Watch her on DWTS. The world is unfair....


No comments: