When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Clipping away

Cutting Gaven’s finger nails is my least favorite thing to do. His nails grew so fast! When he was a newborn, he would constantly scratch his face, so we put mittens on him all day long. Now he is a little older, we stopped using mittens on him so he can “eat” his hands to self soothe. He still scratches himself here and there, but less often. I waited till his nails are crazy long to cut them. Babies’ nails are so paper thin that I am afraid that I will accidentally cut his fingers.

My mom decided that since I would not do it till we absolute have to, she would do it. Hmm…. not sure what she is thinking? If I, a 30 year old with much better eyesight than her, is afraid to accidentally cut his fingers, she, a 60 something old lady with deteriorating eyesight (sorry mom, I still love you Smile with tongue out) will do a better job than me?

Anyway, I let her do it. Sitting across from her, heart beating fast, biting my fingers, as I watched her put on her eyeglasses, sat Gaven on her lap, grabbed the nail clipper, starting to clip away. Here’s a visual image to demonstrate how I look like:

image

Image source here.

Okay, maybe not that bad, but I was pretty nervous. Surprised smileYou see, I was not the only one that was worried, Gaven was pretty scared himself.

IMG_5924IMG_5925IMG_5926IMG_5927

He watched intensely as po po clipped his nails away. He looked at me a few times with a helpless look as if to say “save me!” But of course, we have nothing to worry about. Po po did an awesome job. When the session was over, we both let out a sigh of relief. Phew….. Rolling on the floor laughing

No comments: