When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, February 23, 2009

our valentine's day....

So i realized i forgot to blog about our Valentine's day. :) As you may recall from our last V day celebration, i wanted to do something intimate, nothing fancy, just dinner at home, the 2 of us this year. Although it was on a Saturday this year, I still didn't feel like going out to crowded restaurants. So anyway, John had said he would make dinner for us and we could watch our netflix movie rental, which arrived that morning (perfect!).

The week before Valentine's day, I invited Janet over to have dinner with us when I found out that Jimmy was going to be out of town for work that weekend. Since she was going to be alone that weekend, I invited her over to have dinner with us. No one wants to spend their Valentine's day alone, and if for some reason John is not going to be in town, I would like to be hanging out with my friends too. :)))))

On that Sat morning, we spent the day cleaning the old house before we turned our keys in. We then had lobster & fillet Mignon for dinner!!! John was totally unprepared for making us dinner! Janet ended up marinating our fillet & I ended up boiling our lobster tails. John did actually grill the fillet and cut the lobster shells for us though... haha. I will give you credit for that babe, but remember, you still owe me my "real" dinner. Someday... one day...

Later that night, Shane came over to hang out with us. We watched our movie together. Half way into the movie, Dustin swang by too. We had just moved into our new tiny place and I am happy that we had guests over for the 1st time.

So you see? We didn't exactly have our intimate dinner together, but i definitely enjoyed myself that night doing low key stuff ... surrounded by the people we love! Sorry no picture that night.

On a side note, I am beginning to love our new place... and John's spice rack is finally up & running. :)
he filled these little suckers up and labeled them all...
i swear i didn't help him
he is so darn proud of it ;)


No comments: