When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I can’t wait…

I can’t wait for this new Holographic Conferencing technology to become big. My boss dropped the istep newsletter in my inbox earlier this week. In this issue they have an article about wind turbine technology that he thought would help me in my wind turbine project. Then I saw this other article about holographic conferencing which caught my attention right away. Anyone who saw the presidential election will remember when the hip-hop musician Will.i.am was beamed in to Anderson Cooper's studio in NY and CNN reporter Jessica Yellin was beamed in from Chicago to New York to talk to Wolf Blitzer. I was so amazed at the holographic newscasting when i saw it. So I heard in Star Wars III, Yoda virtually attends Jedi council meetings by beaming a holographic image of himself to the meeting room. Maybe that's how they got the idea....?! :p

It is projected that in 3-5 years, it will be widely used among businesses & hotels and it will only get better! I hope soon…. Very soon , it can be used at home. Isn’t it cool to be able to appear at 2 locations at the same time? I can virtually walk into my parents’ house anytime I want. How awesome is that? I can see them whenever I want without having to go through the painful 20 hour plane ride???! Our family is scattered all around the world with me being the farthest & this new technology will do magic to bring us all together in an instant!

I somehow have a feeling that this new technology will take a long long time to be perfect and affordable to use. :(



source


No comments: