When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, March 23, 2009

the hiking adventure again..... and many more

we finally went on the 5 mile loop .... ummm.. 2 weekends ago? It was tough ..... but it was fun!!! there are many more things to see... Plus we had each other to motivate us! I hope to tackle different trails each weekend... hopefully this weekend we'll go to Placerita Canyon which is about 4 miles. Here are some pictures I took along the way....
this is just the beginning... walking up.....


spring is here......!!!!

lots of obstacle along the way....

just keep going , just keep going... i was thinking in my head. just like dori thinking just keep swimming just keep swimming in Finding Nemo- my favorite animation movie!
I am not sure what this is

tar pit, yes bubbling hot tar pit!

there is so much to see when you go hiking.....
very proud.... we made it to the top!!! Although he did take a "short cut" route... once. ;P
of course.... at least one picture of us! :o)
i don't remember but i was probably thinking "geez.... how much longer is this going to be!!!"

yes.... cross the river

janet & jimmy took the lead.....

**
This post has been sitting in my draft since last wk. I figured it's about time to get my act together and finish this up.. This hike was probably done 3 wks ago. Since then I've done twice of this hike and the Placerita hike last weekend! :) Seriously, I am probably missing something here. After all these work outs we did, 2-3 times a wk at the gym and hiking on the weekends, we realized we continually gain weight. I mean we have done way more exercise than before and still are gaining weight. We have probably consumed way more food? Whatever it is, i am not giving up on my food. I love to eat! If it means double the amount of time working out, bring it on baby! hahha... now i say that out loud, we'll see how long my motivation can last.....

2 comments:

Simply June said...

sigh..kelvin would definitely love to hang out with you.....he loves hiking too....me not so much!

Adeline said...

i never used to like hiking until recently. it's way better than working out at the gym. you are out there with nature, away frm the traffic,.... plenty to see, fresh air (hopefully!). it definitely works your muscles up. try it... bring brady ... you'll probably enjoy it.