When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

a black tie dinner at Magic Castle

We went to the Magic Castle at Hollywood for dinner on Feb 14th. It is a private club and you have to be a member or have a guest card from a member to enter. Tim had invited us to go and since this is a rare opportunity, we agreed without second thoughts. As the day came closer, I started to regret my decision. First of all, it fell on a weekday. I don't know why, maybe my age is starting to catch up with me. I just can't see myself doing late night activities on weekdays anymore. After work, I just want to go home and rest. Have a nice dinner or something. Second, it's Valentine's day! Going out to Hollywood for dinner with a group of friends is just not my ideal date on a Valentine's day. However, I am glad we decided to go. We did have fun that night, although I have to admit that I was exhausted at the end of the night.

We were not allowed to bring cameras in the building. So all we have is just a group picture that the front desk girl helped to take. And then Steve helped us take a picture of me and John. I am so glad he did cause I have an extra picture of just the 2 of us. I bet the rest of them are jealous! ha- just kidding!!!

here's a group pic of us. is it me or does Robin looks like she wasn't at the same place as we were? ;P

there...... our "alone" picture

Each girl gets a stem of a fake red rose at the entrance in ___ of Valentine's Day.

We got there pretty late and had dinner there. With not much time left for the night, we decided to watch just the main show which lasted about 50 minutes and I had to say, I was really impressed. The guys were funny. They were able to keep my heavy eye-lids open till the end of the show. We called it a night after the show. It was kind of late and everyone was tired. There are many other shows I heard but they were all small shows, like 10-15 minutes.

It was interesting. I will definitely go back there again to watch the rest of the shows that we missed. I was telling John, next time we should just go for the magic shows and skip the dinner because I wasn't too impressed with their dinner.

me trying to play with the camera on the way to Magic Castle


i made John take this one cause I realized that I suck at taking my own pic!! hehe


No comments: