When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Hiking in January??!!

It's possible if you live in LA!!! Ok, so I finally found ONE of the advantages of living in sunny cali. Alright alright, I shouldn't give LA such hard time. Really, it's not bad living in sunny cali. There is the beach, there are the mountains, the nightscene.... everything is within hours reach. But..... it just doesn't snow OUTSIDE your house like Michigan... or New York! Here I go again. Complain is in my middle name! :p Last week I got the idea of going hiking after getting an email from our VP at work about a group hike he organized for everyone at work. It was set for every Friday at 3:30pm. I didn't join them last Friday because I have my facial appt with Connie. Also, I wasn't sure what my capability is and wouldn't want to fall behind the pack. Although I was assured many times that there are shorter trails and there are people who have never hiked before, I didn't want to take the chance. So I grabbed my own alliances to go hiking with me on Saturday. Janet & Jimmy of course. John got away easy because ... what else? He has to work. And well, I guess his knee is still sensitive from all the walking in San Francisco! Yes, I know.... lame excuse. I'll be sure to drag him with me next time. Plus, he is in dire need of a workout like that. Right babe? >.<>
i was ahead of them until 1.5 miles into it... i fell behind. one can only have that much energy, ok?! :P
jimmy drove janet crazy by standing at the edge of the hill.... :) "come back come back!! don't go too far!!!"
okok... a serious one.
This was so much fun and we made a deal to do this every weekend. Hopefully we keep our word. I will probably join work's group hike this Friday! We'll see.... :P

No comments: