When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Friday, August 8, 2008

so it's my birthday

so it's my birthday today. I am excited... it's a very pretty date. Everyone wants to get married today, the Chinese love this date. Anyway, I am excited because I am going away for the weekend with John. Apparently it's a surprise gift, so i won't know where we are going until we are actually leaving later today. I told john that he can never give me any surprises because he tends to tell me everything, if not tell, he will elude to it. So i always know what he is going to do before he can actually give me any surprise. There's a Chinese saying that goes something like this... whenever he moves his tail, i know what he is thinking. haha .... i think i got the msg across. anyway, so i told him that. he got defensive so this time, he is very adamant of not telling me where we are going. at least i know what we are doing... we are going away for the weekend. i being the very nosy person of course would not let him keep this surprise away from me. so i kept bugging him for the last couple days to find out where exactly we are going. i've tried so many ways to get it out from him but to no luck! i've been trying to trick him by saying that i now where we are going so he would say something, still no luck. I guess he is very determined to prove me wrong and that he can give me a surprise. :)

So far, the clues i've gathered are:
1) it's going to be 83 degrees during the day and 68 at night
2) it's about 1-2 hours away from our house
Last night, i was trying to guess where we are going.
me: i know where we are going... we are going to ventura beach
john: maybe... maybe not (keeping a straight face)
few minutes later:
me: oh oh i know where! we are going to huntington beach!
john: maybe... maybe not
me: awww... come one... give me some clues, is it somewhere we've been before?
john: probably
me: babe... you gotta tell me something so i know what to pack
(so that's how i got my 1st clue)
and then later:
me: how far is it? what time do we have to leave?
(so that's how i got my second clue)
me: do i need to pack my bathing suits?
john: yes, bring a couple
this doesn't do me any good because most hotels has pool.
me: are there shopping malls nearby?
john: yes
(doesn't do me any good either, almost everywhere has malls)
me: wait a minute... did you spend a lot on the hotel? did you get deals on the hotel off the internet? don't waste so much money! (ok, this is me... so me, i want to spend, i don't want to spend, i want it, i don't want it)
john: but i am spending it on you though (true.)
me: ok whatever you do, don't get me flowers on my birthday. put the money towards a nice dinner.
john: ok.

so it went on and on all night with me trying to guess where... still not a single clue (other than those listed above) that i got from him. i still remember at one point we were in bed, lights out, i was lying in his arm, my eyes wide open and he was fast asleep... i punished him by:

me: babe... you think we are going to ... (i forgot what i said, haha)
john: (groggy) maybe, maybe not (voice slowly fades away)
me: okok (patted on his chest) go back to sleep, good night
john: good n.....

so that's it. now i am sitting at home waiting for him to come home, so i will find out where we are going. i will definitely let you guys know when i come back! i betcha it's one of those places i guessed! ;)

on a side note, last night my parents in law came over for dinner. no picture of food... or else i can show u the
garlic and herb steaks that i made, which i just learned through the cooking channel. instead of the orzo salad, we made corn, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls to go with the steaks. i didn't want to bring my camera out and start taking pictures of the food in front of them. the last thing i want is for them to think that their son married a psycho woman... which in some ways, i could be.

there's my ice cream cake. you can sort of see the desserts (cinnamon sugar fruit biscuit) that i made. i should say half made. The other half was from the refrigerated tube buttermilk. super easy recipe that i found from the recipe magazine.

so silly in this picture...

1 comment:

Denise said...

happy bday..:-) hope u've had a great one!!