When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

a rare opportunity

So since my parents decided to leave earlier than the scheduled date, i won't be able to celebrate my mom's birthday (7/31), dad's birthday (8/06) and my birthday (08/08) respectively. We took them to a lobster dinner (the night before they flew out) at Newport Tan Cang to celebrate their birthdays... sorta.

we ordered steamed fish

and the house special lobster (ooo... i love this!)

the almost gone fish, tofu seafood soup

my mom sipping the chinese tea

jocelyn took a picture for us outside the restaurant.

of course, again... the food is not up to par to their expectations.

When they were here, most nights they will be chatting with their friends:

this is funny. i like how my dad makes FULL use of his web cam chat. when he needed to convey a written msg, he wrote on a piece of paper and held it up to the camera, so his friend can read what his msg instead of typing it on the computer. anyway, i am amazed that they know how to use the computer. few years ago i was surprised when my sister said they each own a cell phone and texting each other. my parents are tech-savvy :-)


my mom checking out the bbq grill. yes, we don't have a balcony/ patio. so we have to wheel our bbq grill out the garage each time we need to use it. it seems funny but when everyone in the neighborhood does it, it's not so odd.


that's what in the grill (my parents love grilled corn)

hanging out at the garage waiting for the corn to be ready

the kitchen was conquered by them the whole time they were here

i took a picture of my dad trying to thread the needle, my mom couldn't get it so she turned to my dad for help. it took him awhile to get it, john offered to help, but he refused.

sigh... how often you can see this? them hanging out at our house. gosh... i miss them
good bye!!! (at LAX)

1 comment:

Denise said...

wat a touching post!! sobss...