When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthday weekend- the fantabulous san diego

Well, the title of the post is pretty self-explanatory. so the surprise getaway was.... San Diego.

We left late at night on friday (08-08-08), traffic was horrendous. So we stopped at Hooters for dinner by Ontario Mills.


1/2 spicy garlic, 1/2 911

since john is not a big fan of wings, he ordered the cheeseburger.

Here are some pictures from the trip.

that's the hotel we stayed at... i know it looks like an office building, but i swear it's a hotel

the marina, right in front of the hotel

my breakfast plateand his...

my favorite part of the trip ... jet ski! it was so much fun... we could see the sea lions playing in the water... and on the deck getting a tan (not that they need it... ). They are so cute.

i snapped this picture of the jet ski we rented, it was a shame that we didn't bring our camera after this point. Otherwise I could show you how close we were to the sea lions...I googled jet skiing and found this picture just so I can post it. so you have an idea how much fun it was... not that you don't already know!!!
We also went to the beach, the mission beach. If you remember from the previous post about my trip to the San Diego Air Show, I mentioned I wanted to hang out at the beach next time if we have more time and are better prepared. So here we are, fulfilling my wish...


i didn't see any cute lifeguards though...
i have no idea what he is searching for... but he is very patient i can tell ya.

I am going to share a very sexy picture of my husband... girls... don't drool ya...? :P haha... look at my man... such a good sport for letting me snap this picture of him


and then of course there's me...i will spare you guys more pictures of me in a bikini... tee hee.. :-P

We also hung out at the pool at our hotel.
there are cabanas by the pool if you want a massage by the pool... pretty neat... gotta try it some of these days.

For dinner we went to Roy's, a hawaiian fusion.... so good!!!

our appetizer- seared ahi tuna
macademia nut crusted mahi mahi

grilled salmon

for my birthday, they made me the coffee creme brulee, on the house... how sweet... they wrote Happy Birthday Adeline in Hawaiian...

chocolate souffle
here john was on the phone with work!

we took this picture from our room.... there was a wedding going on... how romantic... by the sea..

and the pool.... from our room
john took this... it's the building of our hotel. he thinks it's cool
the pool again

and the marina

After dinner, we took a walk at downtown San Diego which was literally few minutes walk away.. This is where the night life scenes are... many pubs and clubs.


awww... i have to post this. so sweet... (i think.. you can have a different opinion :P) don't worry, we put the camera on auto timer. we didn't make our photographer sit through this. the picture looked so good in black and white so we kept playing with it
here's john in black and white
and me in color... hehee


we went back to our hotel and hung out at the lounge...

to drink...

Next morning, we noticed this...

burnt. he burns easily due to... umm.. err... his skin color? lol... you can see the vest line (from jetskiing).

this is the famous hotel in san diego, Hotel Del Coronado, they have very beautiful beach


No comments: