When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Think Blue

On July 12th, I took my parents to the dodgers game. It was my first baseball game, so i was pretty excited. My company was offering some discounted tickets. So I grabbed the opportunity and bought 4 tickets. I am not a baseball fan at all... and I have to admit that I don't understand the rules of the game and how they score no matter how many times it was explained to me. So I don't know why I want to go so bad, probably for the discounted tickets.

I told my parents I will be taking them to watch a ball game and it will be interesting. Told them that they will never experience this in Malaysia. Haha, so that kind of got their hopes high. They were excited that evening... not knowing what their daughter has got them into. :P

The traffic to LA city has always been bad especially on a game night. So we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours. Sitting in the car with nothing to do gave me and John a very good opportunity to talk and discuss "now-what" kind of thing now that the wedding is over. we kind of talked about moving out of LA but who knows if that's gonna happen.

Finally we arrived at the stadium but our mood has dampened a little after sitting in the car for so long and our very serious future conversation didn't help lighten the mood either.

Anyway, I'll let the pictures speak for itself.

the full parking lot, we parked so far that I think we walked a good half mile to get into the stadium

my mom waving at me wearing my green abercrombie hooded jacket

walking towards the stadium, you can see the huge crowd of people.

Since this was a company sorta event, most of my co-workers were there. We got there and saw some friends and I introduced my family to my co-workers. So yes, my boss finally met John. :) I'm glad he didn't bring up "The Rules".

I know my parents were pretty bored at the game since they do not understand what was going on, but i must say they were pretty cool. My mom even played the "wave" when it comes to our turn and my dad even started chatting up with the girl next to him (a girl that works with me but i have never really talked to her before!!). So on Monday, we ran into each other and she said "your dad is cute". :-)

all the running around

and more...

i had john took a picture for us, unfortunately it doesn't show how good our seats were. We had what they call it the field box seats.


of course i wanted a bag of peanuts ... nope... no beer that night

we left at the 11th inning... yes, the game went on forever since it was a tie 3-3. Pardon their appearance, they just woke up. :) Finally a picture to go with the title of the post.

1 comment:

Liana said...

Congrats on your getting married! It was fun reading posts back from before and after... we're actually thinking of booking with some of the same vendors!! I'd love to hear your thoughts on who you do and do not recommend if possible :) Best, Liana
liana at lianalehman.com :)