When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

a day at the OC

We went to the National Train Show in Anaheim today. I didn't know if it would be interesting, but at least it gave us something to do. We left mid morning, stopped by Walnut (where i used to live) for lunch. I am surprised at all the changes in the last 3 years. There are much much more stores. Anyway, we had lunch at a taiwanese cafe called Yummy House. My parents don't really fancy the food here much, no matter which chinese restaurant I took them to, they are still very loyal to malaysian food. I agree, nothing compares to the local malaysian dishes.

Anyway, we arrived at Anaheim Convention center. Looks like it's a kids event. There are so many kids around. It was kinda boring for me as I don't really know much about trains but seeing how much details and attention these people put in, is amazing. Their effort is unbelievable.

this is made out of lego who's this big guy? :)
really really cute model of a circus
we were all bored.....

had to have them take a picture with american flag


After an hour and half walking around, we left to the OC Fair which was going on nearby. Traffic was horrible but we managed to park and got our tickets. This event was much more fun and I believed my parents had more fun here. There are many many things to see and the weather wasn't too hot. We spent the next 4 hours here. My dad wanted to go on one of those crazy rides but was turned down by my mom. Reason: he is 70 and has high blood pressure. I think he sometimes forgets how old he is. As much as i wanted him to have fun, I have to say no too.

we took a picture for my mom and dad

and then my mom returns the favor :)

i forgot what this was, but he wants to take a picture with it.... so


haha... they didn't pose for me. i thought this would be a good picture to build my photographer portfolio (kidding!)

john getting ticketsso we can play ring a duck.... :)

We also used our tickets to enter the very pathetic haunted house. It was lousy. We basically used up all our tickets here.

And then there is a barn with different kind of animals. Somehow i only have pictures of the pigs!

cute piglet

this Hampshire pig is huge... she's 4and a half years old

we stopped to rest and take picture

what can i say? we like to return each others favors

the must have when going to a fair.... the funnel cake!

she wanted a picture with pumpkins

and i wanted a picture with sand castle

Fergie was going to perform tonight but we were too tired to stay. We left to go to Rowland Heights for dinner with Alan. One of my favorite restaurants Phoenix Food Boutique. They have very good desert. Again my parents didn't care much for their food,

but they seem to like this, mango soy custard with tapioca

We got home around 9 something and as I told John, I had fun today. The OC fair is really worth going. There is so much to see and do. Passing through the carnival, it reminded me of pesta port dickson. haha...


i find this very intriguing, so i had to take a picture of it.... :)))

5 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

deleted comment was from moi. I was saying that i wanted to go to the fair too and was asking wat was so intriguing bout john's tee.??

then i noticed that your dad has been americanized (actually not really sure if the trend started in the big us of a or not)as well coz he was wearing his cap backwards in a few of the pics..hehe...:-)

Adeline said...

You think the fair is worth going too? I told ppl about it, they think it's a waste of time! I will definitely go back there again next year...

haha, you should see him with his sunglasses and hat on! lol... cool.... old man! hehe

Denise said...

yes, would love to go. O.C meaning its at orange county, the tv show? hehe..

u stil havent told me bout the tee...

i guess ur folks are on their way back to msia now? i'll try to arrange wit pei to see if we can pop over to ur hse for a visit soon....keyword is 'try' heh..

Adeline said...

Yes, OC = Orange County.
My parents are leaving tonight. Sending them to LAX in a couple hours. sad... really sad...

His t-shirt... I don't know. The design maybe? Or the color? Don't you find it fascinating? haha... or i'm being silly again? :P