When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

wedding projects

I bought these little guys from ebay. 32 of them (cross my fingers, hopefully I am able to have 5 or 6 for each table.) The hotel does provide 3 votives for each table but I thought the more candles the more warm and romantic the environment it will create. I've seen pictures with a lot of candles and with no candles. It does make a lot of difference to a room. So don't call me crazy ok?! I am not wedding obsessed. .... umm... right??!

they were not a very good quality of glass, it was kind of yellow-ish. So I decided to dress them up!

I wrapped each of them with printed leaf design vellum paper. It looks so much nicer with these wraps especially when you lit a candle inside.

since the votives are tapered at the bottom, it was kind of hard to make sure that the vellum were just the right size. I cut one out then drew along the lines to a card stock paper. I then used that as my template to draw each one on the vellum paper. Carefully cut them, and patiently wrapped them. :))) Not too bad, it only took me 2 nights to finish it. Hopefully it does make the room look nicer with these guys or else... all my effort will be wasted... :(


Next up is my favors project! :) I ordered a bunch of chopsticks from Malaysia as a wedding favor. The price was great and it works out perfect because my sister can bring them to me when she comes. Then we decided that we should give out candy as well since there was a poll about wedding favors and everyone says candies or cookies make the best wedding favors. So we came up with this!
little boxes with m&m's. they are grey, pink and cream colors! I initially wanted to personalize the m&m's. You can order them here. But the price is way out of our budget. So i stayed with the regular ones. Even this cost a lot more than what we wanted to spend. Anyway, they look cute and I am glad we did candy favors so the guest will have something to snack on. Who doesn't love chocolates, right?

some boxes have pink & cream and some have grey & pink with thank you tags

pardon my messy coffee table aka my working table. i was packing them up like a crazy woman running a marathon. :)

we bought too many bags and now we have a few bags leftover. notice that ladle? john used that to scoop up the m&m's. so it's totally hygienic, in case you were wondering. we didn't dig our hands into the bowl of m&m's. :))))

so what do you think? pretty or wedding obssesed??

No comments: