When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Friday, May 30, 2008

mine? yours? or ours?

Last week, we went out to Geisha for dinner with John’s friends. It was sort of a graduation celebration for John. I used to work at Geisha for a couple months part time on the weekends, so I know John’s friends will like it there. It was nice, we got to sit in one of the booths so it was kind of private. I think they have the best sushi in town. My rating is not biased because I honestly think that their food is great. I like the restaurant décor too and they play our favorite music. So all in all, it’s the perfect place. I have no picture to post because we didn’t think of bringing our camera. So why do I post this right, you are wondering. Well, it was funny I thought about this conversation we had that night.

We were talking about what the rehearsal plan was for the wedding. Since all of John’s groomsmen were there (except for Matt), it was the perfect time to let everyone know the schedule and everything. We told them where the rehearsal dinner is going to take place and it is strictly for the bridal party only (in case they are wondering if they can bring their s.o).

Steve: why do people call it bridal party? Why not grooms party or something? Why does it have to have the “bride” word in there?

Jen: steve… because the wedding is about the bride. It has nothing to do with the groom. The groom just shows up. The whole thing is about the bride, it’s about “her”. Nothing to do with “him”.

Steve: oh…. So when it comes to wedding, it’s “HER” wedding, but when she’s pregnant, it’s “WE” are pregnant.

Jen: Exactly!

I couldn’t have agreed more. ;)

No comments: