When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

a limo experience?

Last Sunday, we were invited to Robin's birthday dinner and a limo ride. It was kind of a last minute thing. She only decided to do something on her birthday on Saturday night when we were at Tim & Jenn's wedding shower. She mentioned about getting a limo ride and I was all for it since I have never really been in a real limo. I was in a limo for Steph's wedding in Vegas, but that was not really a limo limo. I wanted to get a limo for my wedding day but after we picked out the wedding venue, we don't really need a limo since the ceremony and the reception are going to be at the same place. I was really disappointed about it. John said we could still get a limo ride from our house to Westlake Village Inn if I really wanted one. But nah.... there is no need for one and I believe at that time, we sure could use all the money we will have saved.

There were 10 of us who initially agreed to join her, and of course at the last minute 3 of them didn't make it . So that left the 7 of us in a darn huge limo. It's pretty cool. They came and picked us up at our place and then we went and picked another couple up. Robin had decided to go to this little Italian Restaurant at Studio City called
Zach's Italian Cafe. It's a cozy little cottage that has patio and dining room seating.


Shane & Robin in the limo


John trying to get the champagne to open
their menu

that's my plate- seafood with sun-dried tomatoes. I am not too crazy about this.


and John's hazelnut chicken with orange cream thyme, this one too.

the cute couple that's going to get married next month, they are the ones we went for the wedding shower the night before, all of us got drunk. I was throwing up that night.... :( I didn't drink that much actually. I've had more, I think it was because I didn't have anything to eat beforehand. I was hurting in the morning and had to drag myself out the bed to go to a bridal fair with Net.

that's Robin's cake- chocolate mousse cake, that's her favorite

i managed to take a picture of Zach's

so we were waiting for our ride

here he comes

finally a picture of us in the limo, look at the cool lights


Our next destination was Howl at the Moon located at City Walk. I like this place. They had a dueling piano show. Usually they take the birthday girl up the stage and sit her on the piano. The talented pianists would then play music and sing songs to make fun of the birthday girl. Unfortunately we didn't get to take Robin up on the stage. Hehe... Shane got her the jello -shot though. See pictures.....


this is what I was trying to explain.....

here... the chick that dresses as little red riding hood, giving Robin her jello- shot, she literally sat on her lap

ha-ha, look at her face! so thrilled!

We left that place like around 11-ish. The following day was a workday, no one wanted to stay that late. I didn't get to drink anything that night because I was still so sick from the throwing up the night before. That kind of defeated the whole purpose of getting a limo!?! It's alright.... they all drink for me! :)))))

No comments: