When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, July 16, 2007

little tokyo in LA??!

Last Monday, John and I went to Little Tokyo for dinner. He came to pick me up from work and we headed straight to downtown LA. There's a ramen place there I like very much. Haven't been there for awhile so I thought it will be a good opportunity for me to go there for dinner. We wanted to check out the New Otani Hotel which is located adjacent to Orochon Ramen. I like the ramen at Orochon Ramen mainly because they allow you to choose the level of spiciness of your ramen from 1 being the most spicy to 7 being the least spicy. I usually pick #4 which is medium spicy. That night, I wanted to be a little adventurous and picked one level up, #3. Man, what a bad decision I made. It was good at that time, very satisfying since I love spicy food. It was just a little pain I had to endure for eating my favorite food. :P I didn't regret it at all because it was really satisfying being able to eat spicy food after longing for one for awhile. And as usual, John ordered the teriyaki chicken.

We walked around the town before we went to Orochon Ramen

the little tokyo shopping center


there.... Orochon Ramen on the 3rd floor of Weller Court

that's my delicious ramen, salt- add cha siu- level of spiciness #3

I finished the entire bowl. I forgot to take John's teriyaki chicken. I was too excited about my ramen.

After dinner, we walked over to New Otani Hotel and checked out their rooftop garden. It is not as big as I thought it would be. Stayed there for alittle bit before we headed back to our car. John then decided to take me to The Standard, a very popular rooftop lounge/ bar in downtown LA. I have never been there and agreed to go check out this popular spot. It is usually packed on the weekends and is usually hard to get in. We lucked out because it was a Monday night and there were not many people. The design is chic and contemporary. We both had a drink, took some pictures and enjoyed the night view of downtown LA. I will definitely consider coming to this place again in the future with my girlfriends.

there's John posing for me at the New Otani Hotel rooftop garden

The Standard

view from the standard
the not-so-busy Monday night traffic

the pool....

that's the gym right across from the Standard, there's also a huge screen tv above the window

me on one of the water bed booth






No comments: