When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

a random BBQ night at home

We were supposed to go to a Chinese restaurant in Monterey Park on Friday night for Peking Duck dinner. Jocelyn told us that it has the best Peking duck. Since I have not been to that restaurant, we agreed to go on Friday night. Well... then our plans changed when we decided to go to The Highlands on Hollywood the same night. So it would be a pain in the ass if we drive all the way down to MP for dinner, back to SC to get ready and drive all the way down to Hollywood again. I then decided we should just eat at the house and meet Eng Jo at Hollywood at 10:30. I haven't had John's killer ribs for a long time so I volunteered him to make dinner that night. As usual, the ribs turned out very good. BBQ ribs was the very first dinner he made me when we first started dating :) and each time he makes ribs for dinner it just reminds me of the 1st dinner he made me. ;)
the trick is to boil the ribs first

eee... he pulled out the full rack of ribs, then cut them into pieces and threw them into the boiling pot.
I think he boiled it for 45 minutes before he pulled them out to marinate them.
grilled corn and heehee... my jalapeno peppers. I love the grilled jalapeno peppers at the Sam's flaming grill, so I decided to grill one of my own. It of course didn't turn out quite the way I want it to be. I wonder what did I miss..

Anyway, here's a picture of all the food in process



my plate.... yummy, can you see my pathetic looking grilled jalapeno?

john and shane getting ready to eat, very reluctant to take a picture for my blog


finally, jocelyn get her hands into the ribs. she was stuck in traffic, and being the very "good" roomates we are, we decided to eat without waiting for her.


After dinner, we were all busy getting ready for the second part of the night.

carefully ironing his dress shirt


carefully applying her lipstick

me hogging jocelyn's bathroom

We were all pretty excited and off we go heading to Hollywood.

No comments: