When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Our Special Day, 4/13/2007

Yes, our special day fell on Friday the 13th. How special is that?! ;) I had an easy day at work because our network system was down, so no one can really work. ;) Well, almost everyone cannot work. Of course, the MIS people were the busiest when none of us could use the computers. Since John is the "invisible" IT guy, he was involved in helping to get the system back up. So I had an easy day at work while he had a rough day at work. I came home excited waiting patiently for him to return home so we could go out and have a nice romantic dinner. We both agreed to go to Rio Rio Churrascaria Bar & Grill, a newly opened All You Can Eat Brazilian Restaurant located on the Old Road.


We got lucky because there was no wait. There was plenty of food served. This seems to be the most perfect place for the meat lovers like us. Lots of barbecued meats were brought to our table. There are also many Brazilian side dishes served. Although it's an All You Can Eat Restaurant, you don't need to get your own food except if you want something from the salad bar. Everything else is brought to our table. Our favorite side dish would be the fried banana. It was delish!! If you asked me, I would still prefer the Malaysia kind of fried banana. Crispy! Too bad, I can't find any fried bananas here that even came close to the fried banana I had in M'sia. Arggghh.. it just remind me of how much I miss the food in Malaysia.


fried bananas and carrots

Alright, back to Rio Rio. Besides the fried banana, the main dishes like filet mignon and garlic beef are some of the best meat we had that night. Aside from food, Rio Rio also provides live entertainment to their customers. A magician came to our table and showed us some tricks. He was amazingly good. He took my $20 bill and changed it into a $1 bill. I am glad he finally changed it back to my original $20 bill. I guess I should have asked him to turn it to a $100 bill. Heehee.. And then there was a parrot show & Brazilian dance. The parrots were trained to perform some tricks to entertain the customers. They were all pretty entertaining. We wish we would have known earlier that there was a live performance. We could have shown up later to enjoy the splendid performance. Oh well, now we know.


john getting ready to chomp down his food
there..!!
the well-trained parrots


I like the restaurant overall even though I find that their menu is a little over priced. It is a nice restaurant to hang out with friends and have fun, but definitely not a romantic dinner for couple. It is so noisy in there you could barely hear each other. Anyway, I'm glad we came because it seems like the perfect place for us the meat lovers.



a blurry picture of us- courtesy of the server

so we took a picture of us our own


Since the night is still young, we decided to go somewhere for a drink before we ended the night. First choice was Origami Bistro Bar, an Asian fusion hot spot in town. Unfortunately it was packed (nothing unusual) which forced us to head to South Point Argentine Grill instead, where we hung out and had a couple of drinks. I have enjoyed the night and here are some pictures we took of the night.


john playing with the camera, the sepia me


the b/w me


Origami

my mojito and his margarita




No comments: