When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My trip to Plano, TX

I took 1 1/2 days off from work to visit Plano, TX last week. It was a nice trip overall. I tagged along with Janet & Jimmy just to see what's there in Plano. Janet was sent there by her husband with a mission: house hunting. My job is to accompany the poor little gal and gave her my wisest opinion. That poor gal will be so lost without my guidance. ^.^

Ok, so Janet and I flew from LAX on Thurs noon. It was a 3 hour flight, but because TX is 2 hours ahead of CA we didn't arrive at Dallas International Airport until 7pm. The next couple days were spent by touring around Frisco just to get an idea what the town has to offer since that is Net's most desirable area for her future house location. Since we are not familiar with the town, Net has arranged for a realtor to meet and take us around. We were very amazed at how scenic and beautiful the town is. It is totally different than what I pictured TX would be. The weather was so cold during our stay there. We didn't bring the necessary coat and jackets as we didn't expect it would be that cold. It finally snowed on Saturday!! Who would have thought that it would snow in April...... in TX!? Of course we were very excited as that was the last thing that we would expect to happen.


The town has all that you could ask for. Houses are huge like mansions. These houses which would normally cost $750K- $1 million in CA, cost around $300K- $500K here. It would be alot cheaper if it is located outside of Frisco. Frisco is more like for the higher level of society. I guess you could compare Frisco with Valencia and Plano with Canyon Country in Santa Clarita. The realtor drove us around Frisco and explained why we should buy houses here. And then he told us about this popular store, Sam Moon, that sell handbags and accessories. He said the store is so popular that people flew all the way from Oklahoma to shop at this place. He said women flocked this place and it is always packed. Since he highly recommended this place, we decided that we should at least take a look since we were there. We arrived at Sam Moon and noticed how packed the parking lot was. I was very excited as I was hoping to get some very good deals on handbags. As soon as Net parked the car, I walked as quickly as I could into the store. There were lots of lots of handbags lying around in huge baskets. We were very dissapointed as it was not as great as we thought it would be. Anyway, I was still able to get something after about 20 minutes looking around. It's an off-white large handbag, just what I have been looking for. I am not really that crazy about it but it's the best I could find for my budget. I needed a new handbag anyway because the one that I was using look really sad. Got it from NY about 4 years ago during my stay there. Have been using it since. It was the most useful one that I have among the rest. It's the only large handbag that I have and I got it at a very cheap price too. So at least we didn't waste our time and effort visiting the so-called must-see store.

We managed to take a few hours from our house hunting project to visit the factory outlet there. We both got some clothes and went back to the hotel happy. Aside from that we didn't do much sightseeing as the main objective was house hunting. It was somewhat a succesful trip because they found something they like.

I like Plano and could see myself moving there in the future. It is definitely something I would consider if I decided to move out from CA. I didn't get to take many pictures to share with you guys and most of the pictures I took are the food anyway. Net posted some pictures on her blog if you guys are interested on checking it out.


No comments: