When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bak Kwa/ Rou Kan

I made my first attempt of making the bak kwa couple weeks ago. This is my favorite food in Malaysia. I miss it so much. I looked at some recipes and it doesn’t look that hard to make it. I googled recipes from everywhere and mixed and matched them. With the help of John, we successfully made it. It tasted good but the texture is a little off. It was too soft. I think I didn’t bake it long enough and the meat is too fatty. It didn’t yield that much from a 2lbs ground pork, will definitely use more meat next time. IMG_1026IMG_1028

Done baking… off to next step, grill.
IMG_0061IMG_1031

Gaven decided to help out…

IMG_0072IMG_0068
We kept taking him away from the propane grill each time he went near it. He was frustrated and off he went to play with something else. The hose.

IMG_0054IMG_0058IMG_0062IMG_0063

IMG_1032IMG_1030

Tasty, but texture is too soft. Lesson learned: Try baking longer and use leaner meat.

No comments: