When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

this year thanksgiving

Thanksgiving eve potluck. It's a tradition that john and his friends do every year. I guess apparently it started at Shane's house, where John and Shane hosted for several years. For the past few years the deed has been taken over by Eric.

I had a hard time deciding what to make. I finally settled for sweet potatoes casserole. It's a super easy recipe. Here's how it looks like, fresh out frm the oven.
lots of marshmallows....

pretty good for a 1st time. not a big fan of it though... too SWEET! i had even cut down the amount of the brown sugar it says on the recipe... and it is still too sweet. can't imagine if i use the brown sugar according to the recipe. +_+

lots of food.... 2 diff flavor turkeys


my plate- salad, stuffing, turkeys, mashed pototes, my marshmallow yam, green beans casserole


of course steve's potluck is vodka... hey, at least it is a GOOD one. :P
good to see the groomsmen gift is put into good use
i waited all night and finally found the opportunity to grab him from whatever he was doing
kept him distracted a little bit so he would stay in my arms
haha... literally less than 1 min, he cried and couldn't wait to get away frm me... nope. he wants nothing to do with me. hey like Katie said it's getting better. there was a picture frm shane's bday last year, he was screaming in my arms. he was like maybe 2 months old? and you can see my expression in that picture.. "pls take him away frm me!!!" :-) hopefully next time will be better ;p

anyway, the dinner was great and we had fun. And now it's time to pack for our trip tomorrow... vegas baby! woot woot!!!

No comments: