When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

i have a new friend!!!

John ordered a 42" LCD from his friend last week. We've been talking about getting a new TV ever since his TV died 2 months ago. We moved the TV from the room to the living room. We had no TV in the bedroom for months. It took some time to get used to it since we've always have TV the room. I used to have a habit of sleeping with the TV on and setting the timer so the TV will turn off when I dozed off. I don't know why, I just dozed off faster with the TV on. I guess that's why I always fall asleep when I go to the cinema. On the other hand, John is a light sleeper. Any slight noise will wake him up. We compromised, some nights I get to have the TV on and some nights I don't. So I kind of getting used to not have the TV on when I sleep. Now, it's more like "go to bed", "yes", lights off. But with no TV in the room for the past few months, I realized that I can go to sleep independently, without relying on the TV. :) That didn't diminish my hope of getting a TV in the room. Finally, last week when we were hanging out at Tim's, John ordered the new TV from him. Tim works in the TV distributor company, so he gets very good deal. John said he might have been drunk when he confirmed with Tim that he wants that 42" Hitachi LCD (when Tim showed him a few choices). Anyhow, we've been talking about getting one, we have one now.

So the TV arrived last night. Since it's a big TV, we had to put this in the living room instead of the bedroom and move the TV in the living room into our bedroom. Unfortunately, the new TV is too big to fit in the entertainment center. The plan is to move the whole entertainment center and the 27" TV into our bedroom. It's alot of moving around to do, so we quickly get to work. It's going to be a long night. While hooking up the LCD, John realized that we need a HD cable. So we went out to Bestbuy to get cable and grab a quick bite for dinner. He got his cable and when we were about to leave, he surprised me with:

him: you want a wii?
me: (looked at him surprised, nodding frantically, smiling from ear to ear)

So we walked over to the game section. He grabbed the wii and an extra joystick for a second player since the box didn't come with it. He asked the sales assistant for any popular games, and he recommended zelda for single player and couple other games for multi players. Mario Brothers caught my attention. When I was a kid, I love to play mario brothers with my sister. But I didn't get it. I figured the 5 sports games that included will keep me occupied for a while. We walked over to the counter and the usual me ...

me: do you think there will be sales during thanksgiving?
him: probably
me: maybe we should wait till thanksgiving (this is something I would say, even though i don't really want to, I guess that's why I can never buy anything)

him: i've got it in my hand, let's go!
me: (smiling giddily, running up to catch him)

Later in the car,

him: I've heard with all those recalls with the lead toys, there might be shortages of toys during Christmas. they said it's best to start shopping for Christmas gifts early this year. I just thought they might not have wii during thanksgiving sale

me: but this is not toys
him: with not much toys available, people opt for other things
me: ok. so is this my Christmas present?
him: no, this is a "just because" gift. this will keep you busy when I'm in school and work at least until December, so you won't go cheating on me. (lol... okay, I made the last sentence up, but hey, it does seems that way! ;p)

I heart this man! :))) I've been a good wife he said. Well, I've been neglected ever since his fall semester starts and his new job has very demanding hours. I don't get to spend as much as time as I want to with him anymore and he keeps assuring me that everything will be back to normal after December (hence the post earlier). Talking about good wife, I came across a very interesting article last week when I googled "how to be a good wife". Yes, I googled that. Hey, it's my 1st time being somebody's wife, I need to know how to be a good wife. And seriously, I think sometimes I am too nice to him ;). I need to know what's the limit and vice versa... so I googled it. Here's what I found:

1) Have dinner ready: plan ahead even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and a prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.
2) Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with alot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
3) During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
4) Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours. 5) Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner or even if he stays out all night.
6) Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice. (I burst out laughing at this one!)
7) Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity.
Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
9) A good wife always knows her place.

And the list goes on and on. The article is from a 1950's economics textbook. Ha-ha, I am so glad I wasn't born 30 years ago! Come to think of it, I may have done a few of the things mentioned! Like I said, I am very very extremely nice to him and he is so lucky to have me! heehee....

Okay, enough about that. Here's some pictures

the box of the LCD, Chris helped John haul this to our apartment (3rd floor!)


wii!!!!

look at all the crazy wires!!! after moving out the entertainment center, the living area is so bare now... you can see all the messy wires

he got his hands on the wii... playing golf!

his fingers are all red and sore because of all the moving

the end result..... so empty now. Compare to before....here's what it used to be. that's Eng Jo and Janet at our house warming party by the way :D

No comments: