When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

dj booked!

Yep yep. I am proud. We have our dj booked finally. Didn't take us that long. I searched the internet for vendor reviews and made couple phone calls. The first few that I called were all booked on our wedding day... seems like a popular date to get married ;P. I started to panic. One of the Dj's that I contacted referred me to Dean Henderson since he is not available for us. So I contacted Dean Henderson, with some back and forth conversations, we decided to go with Dean Henderson. He has more than 20 years experience in the industry and most importantly he met our expectations. John likes him right away from the first meeting. Two main reasons we chose him. First, he is English. Second, he is affordable (plays a big role here ;P). John and I had joked about getting an English man with English accent to marry us. An English Dj? That will work too.....

We met with another Dj at Pasadena last Sunday before we made the decision actually. I was a little reluctant to use Dean before meeting with another DJ for comparison. I made an appointment with Henry at Paseo Colorado, Pasadena. No harm checking it out, right? We went early because the plan was to go Macy's to get my handbag which I've been eyeing for since 2 weeks ago. And of course, the Macy's there doesn't carry Lucky brand handbags. That doesn't stop me from shopping in Macy's. We were there and the appointment was not until 7pm, so why not? We walked around and at 15 minutes to 7, I left Macy's store empty handed (again!) and John with 2 brand new shirts and one pair of slacks. Yes, even he bought something. -_- Seriously, I feel like I haven't been able to buy anything lately. Just my luck I guess.

We met Henry right outside of the The Yard House, bad choice. At 7 it was starting to get dark and it is a busy spot right there. There was loud background music which made it hard to talk. Anyway, we managed to go over some details and timeline of the wedding. I didn't know it was because of the environment of the meeting or we already have our mind made up, he just doesn't seem to be the right guy. So the end decision, is still to go with Dean. John had actually suggested to meet a few other djs but I think there is no need for that anymore. It is very time consuming, plus I don't think we can find another dj that can top Dean's price.

We were planning on having our dinner at the Yard House after meeting him and then movies later. We didn't realize that our meeting lasted for an hour and a half. It was a Sunday night, we didn't want to be home late. So we decided to cancel the movie and just have dinner instead.



it was a nice night, we sat at the patio

he is so happy.....

because his porcini crusted halibut was delicious!!!! i love it so much.... i told him i'm going to look for the recipe and try to make this one day. lol... what's left was just the mashed potatoes and a few bok choy... i know, it doesn't look very appetizing here but trust me, it's delish!!!

and this is my left over grilled pastrami. their take out box is literally a box.... nice. save the environment... instead of using a Styrofoam box. I left the box at the restaurant, didn't realized it until we were in the parking garage. Oh well.... I didn't really like it anyway. It will probably just sit in the fridge for a couple of weeks and it get thrown out. Talking about this, I think I still have my last week leftover pasta in the fridge. hmmm...

it's the football season

so all the tv had on was football......


the server took a picture for us

his camera doesn't take very good night picture...

No comments: