When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, January 28, 2008

guitar hero madness!!!

I know I haven't been updating my blog lately. Yes, I have been lazy, no excuse. So why am I updating now right??? Because I cannot NOT rave about my new hobby!!!! Guitar hero III!!! It has been popular for awhile now. I've always thought why do people like it so much.... it doesn't look that interesting to me. People always talk about it, like how addictive the game is and how difficult it is. How they are so addicted to it that they cannot stop playing. In fact, you couldn't get the game anywhere before Christmas. John wanted one so badly for Christmas but we couldn't find one anywhere unless you were willing to pay triple to get it from ebay or third party. A week or 2 after Christmas when we were shopping for a throw in Target, guess what he found??! The last piece of guitar hero III sitting inside a locked glass cabinet. Without further thought, John grabbed the sales rep and had him get the last piece of guitar hero III. So we paid and left the store. This time, John smiled giddily. :)

As soon as we got home, he quickly get into business. Set up his guitar and started playing. I watched and thought how stupid this game is. It definitely looked really easy to me.

First of all, you don't have to know how to play a guitar to play this... in fact you don't need to know any musical instruments. He then finally let me get my hands on it and boy... was i wrong. It is extremely hard! I couldn't even finish a whole song needless to say how to use the whammy bar and all that. I was frustrated and still thought that the game was stupid and finally gave up. Things started to get busy and crazy around us , we didn't have time to get our hands on it and learn how to play. John would play once in a while, but nothing crazy. Just one song here and there. So no one was really playing it.

Okay, I don't even know how we started. Last weekend, John picked it up and
started playing it. I watched patiently and thought this couldn't be that hard. So I started playing again. First time, I didn't get the whole song again but I was close. I think i was 90 something percent to finishing the song. So i tried again. Finally I was able to finish one whole song. Ha-ha, John even had to step in now and then to jam the whammy bar for me. One thing led to another and now I am hooked!!! I am thinking about it day and night. It is so addictive. I am doing well, I think, for a beginner. :D John is definitely slightly better than I am, yep, just slightly. Although we are still on easy mode now, but the songs are getting harder and harder to play. It is getting more challenging after each stage.


We are fighting for our chance to play each time. We will probably get over it pretty soon, but at this moment we are totally hooked. I am amazed at how quickly I fell into this game. Here's some crazy guitar hero III battle pictures for your enjoyment.......

giving John a big smile

there's me- concentrating hard

a shot of the screen

a screen shot- after John finished one whole song

result- I think this is John's result. Song name: My Name is Jonas, easy mode 94% notes hit; not bad


how serious....
and again.... a closer shot
yes... the game is on. I have one leg up the coffee table... how lady-like! haha- i still have my gym clothes on, have to start playing it right after i get home- don't waste time

oh, in this picture you can see the green fleece throw we also got from Target aside from this little baby

No comments: