When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Thursday, May 3, 2007

infected eye

My left eye got infected. The problem was first detected about 2 weeks ago. At first, I thought it was the pollen allergy that got me, after all it's the spring season now. Then it got worse that even blinking my eye hurt. After being bugged continuously by John, I said yes to see a doctor. He even threatened not to take a shower until I finally agreed to call the doctor for an appointment. Yes.. gross! But he is very persistent. :) What can I say?
So I called and managed to get the earliest appointment available for my family physician. They managed to squeeze me in due to my exaggeration of my eye condition, which I think would normally take around 3 weeks to see her if I didn't do that. I went to see her two days ago and indeed, my left eye is infected. It is not at a very serious stage yet. The problem can be resolved by using an eye drop solution. She prescribed me with Polymyxin B Sulfate and Trimethoprim. I have to put 1 drop in my affected eye every 6 hours until the infection is resolved. During this period, I am not allowed to wear my contact lenses until it completely heals. After the infection heals, I need to use a new pair of contacts and new contact lens cases. The most annoying part is not putting the drop in my eye every 6 hours, it's the NO contact lens during this period that irritates me. That means I would have to wear my glasses for god knows how many days. I dislike wearing the glasses because it is the most troublesome thing in the world (for me). You take your glasses out when you take a shower, when you change, when you brush your teeth, and the list goes on. Also, I think my glasses don't fit me right, it is always hanging down at my nose which really bothers me. I have to constantly push it up so it will sit right at my nose bridge. Not only that, it also hurt the back of my ear after long hours of wearing it. I think the leg of my glasses is hooked to my ear too tight and it irritates the skin of my ear that it becomes raw after some time. No matter how much I hate wearing glasses, I will have to wear them if I want to have a pair of healthy eyes. I don't want my eye infection to get worse and go blind. Therefore I would listen to my doctor (and John) and follow instructions obediently. Here's a picture of my infected eye.

a closer look

here's a healthy blue eye, so you can compare the infected eye and the healthy eye



and this is me with glasses on..... :(


I want to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to John for photographing my infected eye so I can post it in my blog. Not only that, he also modeled his healthy eye for me so I could compare 'em. And by doing that for me, he was almost late to school. So thank you hunn!!

No comments: