When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Monday, May 28, 2007

engagement & wedding

So much has been going on since I got laid off. Let me see, ok, 1st I got laid off, then we went and get ourselves a marriage license, then picked a date to get married, shop for rings and then get engaged officially. Yes, it's all screwed up. We kind of did things backward. But there is no time for screwing around. Gotta act realistically.


Ok, so I got laid off, what's next? There are so many things to take into consideration. Can I find a different job with my H1B visa? Is it worth tranferring my H1B visa? Aaron is very kind enough to offered me job with his other company and is willing to apply green card for me. Sounds like the perfect option for me but the problem is his other company is at Torrance. That is a hell of a drive. Doesn't seems very practical. So I thought .... I should really be looking for something I really want to do instead of letting my visa status be a burden. John and I decided to get married asap so it will solve the many problems of my visa. We were planning to get married anyway at the end of the year, the laid off thing just accelerate the process. :) With such a short notice to get married, it leave us with not much choice than to do it at the courthouse. I really wanted my family to be here to witness my wedding, after all it is a big day for me. We decided to do it at the courthouse and the real wedding will be some time later when my family can make it here. We got our marriage license at the Van Nuys office and picked a "good" date to do the ceremony. I finally picked 5/25/07 to be our important day!



PART 1


Then he is sweet enough to follow up with an official proposal. :) He took me to the beach at Oxnard to spend the weekend. So he did the whole proposal thing. Yes, on the beach, during the sunset, on his knees... actually I think he was on his both knees..... =)... all romantic and stuff *blush blush*.


Oxnard is a beautiful place... here are some pictures we took during the proposal weekend. ;)




taken right after the proposal.....




at the balcony right outside our room.... yes, ocean view.... :P




us.... all smiley outside the seafood restaurant where we had our dinner


PART 2


LOL, 6 days later we got married at the Van Nuy courthouse. It was real simple. I invited a few of my close friends and he has his family and close friends come too. Of course my close friends are including but not limited too Jocelyn, Net & Jimmy and Alan. For John's friends, Steve and Shane. We tried to minimize the number of ppl we invite since there will be a real wedding soon.


Our friends took lots of pictures for us... thank you guys!! Here are a few I managed to upload. There are a short movie clip too that Jocelyn took. Pretty cool...


that's him with his buddies, Shane (far left) and Steve (far right)


us with his dad, sister, Jacob... his mom was actually at the far back


us with Jocelyn


me with net!!


awww....... the "I do" "I do" part........


the exchanging ring part





the documents that will bind us forever.........




officially Mrs. Mallard *grin grin*


Right after the ceremony, we went to The Vines for brunch with his family before we head to Laughlin for our "so-called" honeymoon, which was planned way earlier than our wedding. :P

No comments: