When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Halloween Party

I joined a mommy group just so I can be invited to this baby Halloween party. I invited Ashley, my neighbor to join as well. I met Ashley on one of my daily walks with Gaven around my neighborhood. Ashley and I hit it off right away. This is very rare for me since I am a pretty shy person around strangers. For some reason, I feel very comfortable with Ashley and we exchanged numbers the first night. Since then we’ve been making dates to walk together sometimes. She has a baby boy, Connor who is 3 weeks younger than Gaven. I love my neighborhood. Lots of young families. John and I always joke that we are the poorest family in our neighborhood.

I forgot to bring a camera that day. I know. Darn it. It was too rushed that day and I left the camera at home. To make the situation worse, I volunteered to bring a bail of hay for the party. I didn’t know how big those things can be and apparently it doesn’t fit in my little mazda3. We were already late to the party, so John and I split up. He went to get his parents truck and get the bail of hay while I go directly to the party with Gaven,

I took a few pictures from my phone. Lots of cute babies! The party was 2 weeks ago.

halloween3halloween4IMG_0589IMG_0591IMG_0596

Connor didn’t put on any costume. It was a hot day and his costume is thick.

Cristian is my co workers son. He dressed as a pumpkin.

IMG_0598IMG_0601IMG_0608IMG_0609IMG_0612IMG_0627

A better group pic can be found on my facebook. We didn’t think that taking a baby group pic was possible. They surprisingly sat still for the photos. They were probably too scared to move? But then again, the mommies were singing songs, that probably distracted them a little. Right when they were done with pictures, all the babies started crying including Gaven. It was so loud, all you could hear was just babies crying everywhere. We left the party right after the photos because John had to leave for the airport that evening. He went to Seattle for work a couple days.

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Hope the Halloween party was a great day. My friend is planning our graduation party at one of the event locations next week. All bookings are done at affordable prices. Cake design is of success theme. Bought a new dress for the party. Hoping to have a pleasing get together and frolic event with all of them.